As a young Christian I loved singing, “Come and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of our God, and He will teach us of His ways, And we will walk in His paths. For the law shall go forth from Zion And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Isaiah 2.3
Isaiah 2:3 explains the benefits of going up God’s mountain, up to the house of our Lord. Here he will teach us of his ways, we will walk in his paths and will receive his living word. I am very concerned by the number of Christians who are not growing in Christ. This is the privilege of every Christian as a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.
Early this year I sent out a “Prophetic Newsletter” titled Metamorphosis. I believe this is one of the most important words for 2018 because it is out of this process that we grow. 2018 is a year of doors, of growth, of power and authority so I would like to share some encouraging prophecies given for this year.
“God loves us enough to accept as we are and loves us enough to not leave us as we are” Joyce Meyers. This is a true saying and there are so many words this year encouraging us to move forward and upward in Christ. These are not feel nice prophecies. Most prophecies in the Bible are not feel nice words either, but they are vital for our growth.
“God loves us enough to accept as we are
and loves us enough to not leave us as we are” Joyce Meyers.
God is saying, this year we will grow in authority and power, demonstrating his kingdom on the earth. He is reminding us we are a chosen generation. There is no generation in Church history as privileged as we are. Many will see the return of Christ and his one thousand year reign. God is saying he is mantling intercessors with boldness which will be necessary to step out in confidence and to release the power of God. The Holy Spirit has laid on my heart to intercede for cripples and I believe we will see cripples walking.
God is sending Christians, who have a firm understanding of his will and his ways, to minister to the body and the world. He is also sending some to clean up the messes caused by faulty doctrine. In my opinion, and Bill Johnson’s, hyper-grace and extreme mercy are the reason sin is rife in the Church. I receive a lot of criticism and rejection for preaching the truth about grace and of God’s judgement. Some call me judgmental, some say unmerciful but I don’t see them getting up in the middle of the night to go and help the poor.
God is also prophesying revival and reformation, and it is our job to prepare for this. I am challenged by that word because I don’t feel we are prepared enough. I am reviewing our teaching and training materials, and brushing up on my language. But the most important preparation is the heart. Bill Hammon prophecies, “For those who are half-hearted, 2018 will be a year of fearful anticipations”. I did say this year’s prophecies are not feel nice words.
God is also saying to sanctify ourselves in 2018. I sometimes wonder, if I had decided to pursue a career rather than follow Christ into ministry, would my life be any different. The best thing we can do is to follow Jesus. “Whoever forsakes his life will find it”, is a true saying. If he calls you into the market place, go. If he calls you overseas, go. It he calls you to serve in Church, go. If he calls you to stay at home, do it. Is the Holy Spirit asking you to go through a new door, a door that will cost you something? Go through it! You will be fulfilled.
2018 is also a year of stepping out in faith. Our biggest step of faith was moving overseas, it was terrifying! We had enough money for two weeks and no one supporting us. One Pastor told Faith, “Let your husband go on his own. He’ll be back in a few months. No one is going to give him money!” Two years later we sent a love offering when that church was about to be sold. Twenty five years later God is still providing for us. We must move in faith and step out on the water this year. Keep your eyes on Jesus, don’t look at the circumstances and as you continue walking you will see God move, bringing your circumstances into line with his promise.
Decisions made this year will determine our future for a long time. So make the decision to obey God, do what he has calls you to do and repent of all known sin. It is not easy but you will not regret it. After thirty years following Jesus we have no regrets. There have been times of blood, sweat and tears but the times of joy, seeing God’s goodness and having his presence overshadows all those trials. It has taken time to come to this point but God has been faithful and we are looking forward to more of God, more fruitfulness and more blessings as we continue to climb the mountain of God.
Chuck Pierce prophesied, a few days ago, of the dangers ahead. A few days later I had a similar experience confirming Chuck’s word. Chuck woke up early and soon after, the lights went out. God is warning the body, do not stop seeking him or stop keep pressing into God, otherwise the enemy will stop you from coming into God’s new authority and power. God spoke to Chuck to let the old come to an end and that he is awakening the new within us. This new life is powerful and one I love to teach about.
My passion is to teach how we put off the old man and put on the new man, which is Christ. Rees Howells life is the simplest and best example of how to do this. Jesus called it repentance and abiding in the vine. Paul called it putting off the old man and putting on the new. Theologians call it sanctification. Whatever we like to call it, this truth is key to coming into the power and authority of the Holy Spirit.
Intercessors let’s be praying for the body of Christ, 2018 is a critical year. We were counselling a Pastor whose Church leaders were criticising her ideas and guidance. We encouraged her, don’t let their attitudes affect her or cause a division between them. We encouraged her to love them regardless, to pray for them and help them grow. In this way we can all grow together. We are hoping Church discipline will not be necessary but our first step is to love those who oppose us. 2018 is a challenging year for us all.
Let’s keep climbing God’s mountain. There is more power and authority to set people free, to bring them into God’s kingdom, to bring joy and blessing to others so let’s not miss this opportunity. Those of us who are spiritual gently correct those in error, love one another and pray for one another. God is going to do amazing things in 2018 so let’s be prepared.
Going UP, Tim & Faith
Prophecies for 2018
- Chuck Pierce. A day of New power and from the power I am bringing, new authority will be developed. Be careful for danger is lurking, the danger to stop the new power source that I am bringing to you.
- Tim and Faith’s Newsletter with Jennifer LeClaire’s “Prophecy for 2018: Metamorphosis and my notes about putting off the old man and putting on the new man
- The Lord says, “This is a new day. You are the generation who will walk in My authority and power, demonstrating My Kingdom on this earth. I am releasing My glory on this earth as it is in Heaven. You are not mere men and women, but you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation who will release others out of the kingdom of darkness into My marvelous light.
Be encouraged to sanctify yourselves in any way the Lord shows you!
- Decisions made in this time will determine the future for a long time. The decision of the 10 spies and their influence upon the nation caused a nation to wander for 40 years. We are in a dangerous moment of opportunity. We must make decisions born out of faith and not doubt. We must have “another spirit” like Caleb and Joshua had in this moment (see Numbers 14:24). Otherwise we can miss this time.
- The Holy Spirit is hand-picking and selecting His people from the army of the Lord and is raising them up. But who will rise and who will take leadership? Well, it’s those people who first take leadership in their prayer rooms. True leaders take matters to prayer rather than to people. True leaders take matters to the Court Rooms of Heaven rather than the board rooms of man. True leaders take matters to the face of God rather than the face of man. Because they’ve been bathed in the place of prayer and in the presence of God, they will release the manifold wisdom of God.
Be encouraged that as you have been faithful to Him, He is that much more faithful to you!
- The Lord is preparing His people for a move of His Spirit in the nations! In our region, this includes: “The South Lands” which are Australia, New Zealand and the Islands of the South Pacific, such as Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, the Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, the Cook Islands and New Caledonia, as well as others. I have had many encounters in the last few months where the Lord has shown me this is a significant time for the nations. The Lord is calling His people to prepare the way for He is coming with fire to heal and transform nations.
- To those who have labored in blood sweat and tears, know this is the season He is going to pour out fresh streams of living water and surely the landscape of your life will change before your very eyes.
Where people have felt their lives have been barren, hard and dry, they will SUDDENLY see the landscape change and become a green flourishing paradise. Where the Body of Christ has even been in a dry wilderness season, a move of the Lord’s Spirit is coming upon His people to refresh and revive and change the landscape.
- In 2018, the Church will begin to “arise and shine” as they receive the new empowerment and start revealing and demonstrating the glory of the Lord. For the wicked of the world and the lukewarm in the Church-it will be a year of darkness and fearful anticipations. The true followers of Christ Jesus will know how to appropriate the new thing that God will begin in 2018. They will fulfill God’s purpose in this appointed time. Bill Hammon
- God is sending reformers into our midst. On the five-hundredth anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, it seems only fitting that God is speaking this! He is sending those who can sharply define what God is doing and saying, according to His Word in black and white! He is sending those who have a firm understanding of His will and His ways – including the correct understanding and application of His grace.
I believe the people that He is sending will clean up the messes left behind from faulty doctrines we have come to learn along the way. This will eliminate the “different Gospel” and get His people back on track, ready for the next level of revelation. He loves us too much to leave us where we are, so He is sending correction! He chastises those He loves!
- Jennifer Miskov of Redding, CA shares an exciting word about how we can “position” ourselves for incoming revival. There are great keys full of wisdom here…
Revival and Reformation are imminent as many trusted prophetic voices have been saying. Our job, as the Body, is to come into agreement as we also prepare and position ourselves for what God is doing!
- An encounter with the Lord, I saw Him giving signet rings of authority to people who have gone through the fire of testing. Many who received this new authority thought they had messed up or missed the Lord. But in reality, the Lord was using what looked like loss to prepare them.
Advertisements on this page do not necessarily reflect our views